All right. So here's how it went down. I took the bus to the college. At first i thought I was going to be late because the thing started at 6:00 and it was already 6:30, but it turns out that they were running a bit behind. Anyways, I got there, checked in, recieved a shirt that said "Beacons" on it, since that is what they call themselves and we all sat down. Talked a little bit with people I did not know, which, might I add, is an accomplishment for me, since i'm mostly shy around people I don't know. After talking we said a prayer (since it's a christian college), and then had dinner. For dinner we had mexican food which was delicious.
After that I was taken to the dorm that I was going to stay overnight at. I was really nervous with this part because I didn't know who I would be staying with. I was nervous that they wouldn't like me and that there was nothing I could relate to them about. Well when we got to the door of the dorm, there were pictures of anime on the door. Pictures of an anime called "Ouran host club". I was so relieved. I had watched that anime and knew I would be able to relate to the girls I was staying with. Their names were Victoria and Stephanie. There was another girl there that was visiting and her name was Lauren. They were all pretty funny and kind of loud, but that was ok, I liked that about them. After getting to know each other,we went down for desert, cheesecake. It was also delcious. Next we went of to something they all like to call "friday beacon nights". This friday it was "Faculty Feud". It's like family feud, only it's teachers against students. It was really funny to watch. AND students won (of course XD)
After that was over,we went to 7-eleven, and then went back to the dorm, watched a movie and went to bed. Next morning I got up and went to breakfast. I can't really explain what the heck it was, but it was good. After that I went to a church sermon, a tour of the school and listened to a session on financial aids, and Q&A (I got a sticker out of that one). Then we took a class. I chose ethics out of the threee choices we had. In ethics we talked about Socrates among other things about it.
Then we had lunch with the faculty. We had rice and terryaki chicken. It was really really really delicious. I loved it. After that the whole college visit ended and I took the bus home. For going to the college, everyone who went to the tour got a $500 scholorship. AWESOME!!!! :D
Well, that's how my trip went. It was a good experience for me and I am glad I went.
Just as I side note, I hate taking the bus.
No comments:
Post a Comment